In our relatively short existence we have grown from a small group of croquet enthusiasts
to become an internationally recognised organisation.
We are the largest croquet club in Scotland and affiliated with the Scottish Croquet
We have hosted croquet players from across the globe including club members from
various parts of Scotland, England, Wales and Canada.
In 2012 we formed a Twin Club Agreement with Phillip Island Croquet Club in Australia
with a view to forging closer links between the clubs and countries.
A look back at history suggests that we are well placed to lead the croquet revolution.
We are located just 8 miles from Eglinton Country Park, where croquet was first documented
in Scottish history:
The earliest known reference to croquet in Scotland is the booklet called The Game
of Croquet, its Laws and Regulations which was published in the middle 1860’s for
the proprietor of Eglinton Castle, near Kilmarnock. On the page facing the title
page is a picture of Eglinton Castle with a game of “croquet” in full swing.
[Extract from ‘Croquet in Scotland’ by Ian H. Wright, SCA Handbook 2010, page 95,
edited by Bruce Rannie]
Dundonald CC founder members visit Phillip Island CC in Australia (February 2004).
Certificate recording the Twin Club Agreement between Dundonald CC and Phillip Island
CC (March 2012)
Description of “The Eglinton Game of Croquet”
Croquet being played at Eglinton Castle (circa 1860)
Members from Stourbridge CC (England) and Vancouver CC (Canada) with Dundonald CC